Los Angeles News
Montebello bridge construction set to begin
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Construction on a new bridge in Montebello will start on Saturday.
State and local officials on Friday gathered at the site of the bridge to discuss the $40 million project.
The bridge was damaged Dec. 14 when a tanker truck traveling east on the 60 Freeway caught fire. The blaze burned for hours, torching the bridge above it.
The project is expected to be completed by June. Officials say the federal government will be picking up the tab.
fire, explosion, los angeles news
- Nurse stabbed at Sylmar hospital; 1 arrested 56 min ago
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 42 min ago
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought
- Woman fatally struck on 405 Fwy in Harbor City 21 min ago
- Driver smashes car into Fillmore dollar store
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- Pope Francis, crowd joyously celebrate Easter
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour