Los Angeles News
Montebello bridge construction set to begin
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Construction on a new bridge in Montebello will start on Saturday.
State and local officials on Friday gathered at the site of the bridge to discuss the $40 million project.
The bridge was damaged Dec. 14 when a tanker truck traveling east on the 60 Freeway caught fire. The blaze burned for hours, torching the bridge above it.
The project is expected to be completed by June. Officials say the federal government will be picking up the tab.
fire, explosion, los angeles news
- Race for Los Angeles mayor too close to call 41 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete 47 min ago
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned 19 min ago
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- Trutanich concedes to Feuer for city attorney 51 min ago
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10