Los Angeles News
Montebello bridge construction set to begin
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- Construction on a new bridge in Montebello will start on Saturday.
State and local officials on Friday gathered at the site of the bridge to discuss the $40 million project.
The bridge was damaged Dec. 14 when a tanker truck traveling east on the 60 Freeway caught fire. The blaze burned for hours, torching the bridge above it.
The project is expected to be completed by June. Officials say the federal government will be picking up the tab.
fire, explosion, los angeles news
- Water main break floods Santa Ana neighborhood 57 min ago
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- 2 dead in apparent Long Beach murder-suicide 57 min ago
- Playa del Rey home break-in caught on camera 23 min ago
- Beverly Hills High School gunman threat false 30 min ago
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs in February
- Crimean, Russian politicians talk referendum
- abcnews: PA woman charged w/ teen's illegal abortion
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus' Twitter jabs at Katy Perry