Los Angeles News
Woman found dead inside car on Burbank street
BURBANK, Calif. (KABC) -- Police are investigating the death of a woman, whose body was found inside a car in Burbank Friday night.
The woman was found in the passenger seat of a Kia Soul parked in the 500 block of north Sparks Street around 7:20 p.m. Authorities said the owner of the car parked the vehicle in the driveway of his home after driving from La Tuna Canyon to Burbank with her body in the car.
Investigators said the woman's boyfriend and a friend went to the house looking for her when they made the discovery of her body. The owner of the car hasn't been arrested, but is being questioned by police.
"The driver has told us quite a deal of information and we are trying to verify some of that, and determine the veracity of the statement and if those things are what led to her death, or other factors, " said Det. Pat Barron from the Los Angeles Police Department.
Burbank police were initially called to the scene. L.A. police are handling the investigation, because they believe the victim was in city limits when she died.
Authorities haven't released the woman's identity, but said that she is around 30 years old. They also said the cause of the death is unclear, and won't comment if drugs or alcohol played a factor. They are hoping that an autopsy will determine if it was a homicide.
burbank, los angeles news, melissa macbride
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise 13 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 19 min ago
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- East LA coach pleads no contest to molest 50 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights 19 min ago
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Crimea's parliament pushes for independence
- Pistorius shot gun out car sunroof - friend
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book