Los Angeles News
Man arrested for attempted kidnapping in Culver City
CULVER CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- A 56-year-old man was arrested for allegedly trying to kidnap a boy in Culver City on Saturday afternoon.
Culver City police said a boy, about 9 to 10 years old, was riding his bicycle in the residential neighborhood of Fairbanks Way and Virginia Avenue about 4 p.m. when a man in a pick-up truck pulled up alongside him and told the boy to get in the truck.
Police said the boy feared for his life and rode straight home and called police.
Officers spotted a pick-up truck that matched the one driven by the suspect. The driver, 56-year-old Alberto Diaz of Culver City, was arrested.
culver city, kidnap, arrest, los angeles news
- Malaysia Airlines flight goes missing
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months