Los Angeles News
Man arrested for attempted kidnapping in Culver City
CULVER CITY, Calif. (KABC) -- A 56-year-old man was arrested for allegedly trying to kidnap a boy in Culver City on Saturday afternoon.
Culver City police said a boy, about 9 to 10 years old, was riding his bicycle in the residential neighborhood of Fairbanks Way and Virginia Avenue about 4 p.m. when a man in a pick-up truck pulled up alongside him and told the boy to get in the truck.
Police said the boy feared for his life and rode straight home and called police.
Officers spotted a pick-up truck that matched the one driven by the suspect. The driver, 56-year-old Alberto Diaz of Culver City, was arrested.
culver city, kidnap, arrest, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood 45 min ago
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Pro-Russian insurgents ignore diplomatic deal
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)