Los Angeles News
Man escapes CHP station, carjacks family in Altadena
ALTADENA, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- A man suspected of driving under the influence escaped from a California Highway Patrol station and carjacked a family before being arrested, officials said.
Officers were trying to give the man a field sobriety test the Altadena station about 8:20 p.m. when he tried to take an officer's gun. Officers hit him with a stun gun, but the suspect, whose name has not yet been released, still managed to escape.
Officials said that once the suspect got out, he stole a pick-up truck with a woman, her pregnant daughter-in-law and her young grandson inside. He forced the grandmother out before driving away.
Officers eventually caught him about 10 miles away in Lake View Terrace after he jumped out of the truck and ran into a house.
One of the CHP officers involved in the initial scuffle injured his ankle and was taken to the hospital.
Everyone in the truck was OK.
culver city, kidnap, arrest, los angeles news
- Mandela death: So. Africa prepares for burial
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- Unemployment falls to 7 pct, 203K jobs added
- Girl killed while walking in IE crosswalk
- Suspect injured in El Monte police shooting
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- Missing Pasadena City College hiker found
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow 11 min ago
- UCSB meningitis: Student's legs amputated
- abcnews: Brutal elevator attack shocks Chinese city
- World Cup 2014: US to play Ghana, Portugal, Germany 42 min ago
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple 26 min ago
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
- OTRC: Keri Russell, husband Shane Deary separate
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
13 min ago