Los Angeles News
Gunfire in Compton leads to deputy shooting
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect in Compton was shot by sheriff's deputies after authorities reported hearing shots fired in the area.
Deputies were on routine patrol in the 1100 block of 144th Street when they heard gunshots ring out and saw two suspects running from the scene at about 12:22 a.m.
Officials say one of those suspects pointed a gun at the deputies, and that's when he was shot. The suspect was transported to an area hospital where he was treated for survivable wounds in the arm and listed in stable condition.
The second suspect tried to flee but was eventually apprehended. The gun, belonging to one of the suspects, was recovered at the scene.
No deputies were injured in the incident.
deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 33 min ago
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks