Los Angeles News
Gunfire in Compton leads to deputy shooting
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A suspect in Compton was shot by sheriff's deputies after authorities reported hearing shots fired in the area.
Deputies were on routine patrol in the 1100 block of 144th Street when they heard gunshots ring out and saw two suspects running from the scene at about 12:22 a.m.
Officials say one of those suspects pointed a gun at the deputies, and that's when he was shot. The suspect was transported to an area hospital where he was treated for survivable wounds in the arm and listed in stable condition.
The second suspect tried to flee but was eventually apprehended. The gun, belonging to one of the suspects, was recovered at the scene.
No deputies were injured in the incident.
deputy-involved shooting, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 49 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 3 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken 37 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Jeremy Renner discusses future roles
52 min ago