Los Angeles News
Body of missing hiker retrieved in Angeles National Forest
ANGELES NATIONAL FOREST, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- Crews have retrieved the body of a missing hiker Henry "Dick" DeRusha in the Angeles National Forest on Tuesday.
The body of the 76-year-old was found on Monday between Switzer Falls campground and Bear Canyon Junction. Crews spotted his body in a remote area of the forest, but because of darkness and the rugged terrain they were unable to recover it.
DeRusha was a community activist and experienced hiker. His son reported him missing Monday morning, after failing to return from a hike he began on Friday.
rescue, angeles national forest, body found, missing person, los angeles news
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 29 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 51 min ago
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)