Los Angeles News
Body of missing hiker retrieved in Angeles National Forest
ANGELES NATIONAL FOREST, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- Crews have retrieved the body of a missing hiker Henry "Dick" DeRusha in the Angeles National Forest on Tuesday.
The body of the 76-year-old was found on Monday between Switzer Falls campground and Bear Canyon Junction. Crews spotted his body in a remote area of the forest, but because of darkness and the rugged terrain they were unable to recover it.
DeRusha was a community activist and experienced hiker. His son reported him missing Monday morning, after failing to return from a hike he began on Friday.
rescue, angeles national forest, body found, missing person, los angeles news
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 36 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested 11 min ago
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy 49 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke