Los Angeles News
Norwalk man accused of drugging, raping babysitter
NORWALK, Calif. (KABC) -- The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is seeking possible victims of a Norwalk man accused of drugging a babysitter and sexually assaulting her.
Kevin Cady, 53, is accused of hiring a babysitter for his minor children on January 11. Cady returned home from work early that day, according to the sheriff's dept., and offered the 22-year-old woman a prepared drink.
The victim consumed the drink and immediately began to feel sleepy, according to the department. The victim allegedly woke up later to find Cady sexually assaulting her. She fled and called the sheriff's department. Cady was detained, then released pending the results of a toxicology report.
A Feb. 15 toxicology report showed the victim had a pre-surgery drug used in hospitals in her system. The drug causes drowsiness and memory loss.
An arrest and search warrant was subsequently obtained on Feb. 29. The warrant was served and Cady was arrested and booked at the Norwalk station. Cady is awaiting a preliminary hearing.
Anyone with information related to the case or who may have had a similar encounter with Cady is urged to contact Sheriff's Detective D. Marquez at (562) 863-8711 or email@example.com.
arrest, sexual assault, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach 54 min ago
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide