Los Angeles News
2 drug suspects shot by deputies, police in Hawaiian Gardens
HAWAIIAN GARDENS, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way in Hawaiian Gardens after sheriff's deputies and police opened fire on two drug suspects.
A multi-agency task force was conducting surveillance near 211th Street and Norwalk Boulevard on Thursday when two men suspected of dropping off drugs arrived on the scene.
Officials said the men drove off erratically when they saw authorities. The driver drove the car toward a police officer, prompting an officer-involved shooting.
The men then drove off and headed into a cul-de-sac on Elaine Avenue. Two deputies who were out of their vehicle at the end of the cul-de-sac tried to detain the suspects. The driver drove the vehicle toward the deputies, prompting a second shooting.
Authorities said the suspects then crashed into a police car and a parked pickup truck. They were finally taken into custody.
Both men suffered non-life threatening gunshot wounds. No law enforcement officials were injured.
deputy-involved shooting, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting injures 2 on Canby Avenue 9 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE 2 min ago
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
20 min ago