Los Angeles News
2 drug suspects shot by deputies, police in Hawaiian Gardens
HAWAIIAN GARDENS, Calif. (KABC) -- An investigation is under way in Hawaiian Gardens after sheriff's deputies and police opened fire on two drug suspects.
A multi-agency task force was conducting surveillance near 211th Street and Norwalk Boulevard on Thursday when two men suspected of dropping off drugs arrived on the scene.
Officials said the men drove off erratically when they saw authorities. The driver drove the car toward a police officer, prompting an officer-involved shooting.
The men then drove off and headed into a cul-de-sac on Elaine Avenue. Two deputies who were out of their vehicle at the end of the cul-de-sac tried to detain the suspects. The driver drove the vehicle toward the deputies, prompting a second shooting.
Authorities said the suspects then crashed into a police car and a parked pickup truck. They were finally taken into custody.
Both men suffered non-life threatening gunshot wounds. No law enforcement officials were injured.
deputy-involved shooting, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged 37 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour