Los Angeles News
South Gate high-speed pursuit ends in So. LA
SOUTH LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A high-speed pursuit that spanned nearly four cities ended peacefully in South Los Angeles on Friday night.
The chase began in South Gate around 10:30 p.m. with police chasing a suspect in a small sedan. Sparks flew from underneath the vehicle, apparently as the suspect drove on the tire rims.
The suspect raced through Compton, Lynwood and Athens, sometimes driving on the wrong side of the street, evading police cruisers.
Police finally chased the suspect into an alley in Athens, where he stopped and gave up. No one was hurt. The driver will face several charges.
pursuit, los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne 10 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- LA Council speaks on immigration deportations
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Man convicted at 16 resentenced under new law
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- Electroporation may treat melanoma patients
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds