Los Angeles News
Compton teacher accused of sexual misconduct
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A Compton middle school teacher is under investigation for alleged sexual contact with female students.
The Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department is looking into allegations of inappropriate sexual behavior between an unidentified male teacher and female students at Davis Middle School.
Detectives began their investigation Thursday and showed up at the school Friday to conduct interviews. They say the alleged behavior dates back to January of this year.
The sheriff's department says the Compton School District and the school staff have offered their full support during the investigation.
Officials have not released the teacher's name or any details about the allegations. The suspect has not been arrested, but has been relieved of his teaching duties. Police believe there may be more victims. Anyone with information is urged to call Crime Stoppers at 800-222-TIPS.
los angeles county sheriff's department, school, los angeles news
- Memorial Day: More travelers hitting the road
- First section of new 405 Freeway lane opens
- Truck in bridge collapse had permit to cross
- Disneyland holding Monstrous 'All-Nighter'
- 405 North crash, fuel spill snarls traffic
- Fatal S. LA drive-by shooting suspects sought
- LA attempted murder suspect caught in Colo.
- Covered California announces 13 health plans
- UK-bound Pakistan plane diverted; 2 arrested
- abcnews: New clues to 'frustrated' Boston suspect
- NASA wants astronauts on asteroid by 2021
- Kings beat Sharks 3-0, take series lead 3-2
- Amanda Bynes arrested in NYC on pot charge
- OTRC: 'Hangover 3,' 'Fast & Furious 6' film reviews