Los Angeles News
Carjack pursuit ends with crash in Mid-City
MID-CITY, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A wild police pursuit ended with a crash in Mid-City, and it started when an officer tried to stop a carjacking suspect.
The chase began at about 8 p.m. Saturday, and the driver fled for about an hour, sometimes going the wrong way.
Police tried to use spike strips at one point, but that didn't work, so they pulled off a pit maneuver.
The driver was reportedly cutting himself with a knife during the pursuit and had to be taken for treatment at a hospital.
No officers were hurt.
mid-city, pursuit, car chase, car crash, los angeles news
- Artesia hit-run accident leaves woman dead
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- Protests against Monsanto held around world
- Boy on bicycle killed by truck in Simi Valley
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley 41 min ago
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Communications satellite launched into space
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- Bynes alleges sexual assault by NYPD officer
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert
- Eye on LA reveals sizzling hot summer guide