Los Angeles News
Angels Flight fares double to 50 cents
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Have an extra quarter handy, if you want to ride downtown Los Angeles' historic Angels Flight.
Starting on Monday, the fare is going up from 25 cents to 50 cents. But Metro pass holders and those who purchase commuter books will receive discounts.
The fare increase is needed to help cover the line's operating costs. Until now, Angels Flight has relied on donations to make up the difference.
This is the first time the railway has raised ticket prices in more than 15 years.
downtown, los angeles news
- Malaysia missing jet may have turned back
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Stage collapse reported at Servite High School
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- abcnews: Teens save man stuck in sewer
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video