Los Angeles News
2 San Pedro schools placed on lockdown
SAN PEDRO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- San Pedro High and Dana Middle School were placed on lockdown as a result of shots fired near the schools, according to the Los Angeles Unified School District.
More than a dozen LAPD units responded to the intersection of 14th and Meyler streets at about noon. A police helicopter circled the area looking for possible suspects, but no arrests were made.
It was unclear when the lockdown was lifted.
school, shooting, lausd, los angeles news
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Michael Hastings, BuzzFeed reporter, dies
- Video released in attack of transgender woman
- Prostitution bust at OC hotel - exclusive
- MTA bus drivers claim illness from pesticide
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- 1,500 evacuated in wildfire near Yosemite
- NSA foiled 50+ terrorist plots - director
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators 48 min ago
- Chrysler agrees to Jeep recall over fire risk
- Heat beat Spurs 103-100, force Game 7
- Michael Jackson's personal chef testifies
- OTRC: Lil Wayne talks on American flag controversy