Los Angeles News
Baby in pickup truck during LA pursuit that ended in crash
BELL, Calif. (KABC) -- Authorities arrested a man and woman who led officers on a freeway pursuit with a baby inside the suspects' pickup truck.
The chase came to an end about 11 p.m. Tuesday in the city of Bell. The two suspects surrendered peacefully and officers found a child in a baby seat inside the truck. The condition of the baby was not immediately known.
The pursuit began about 10:10 p.m. near E. 6th Street and Ditman Avenue in East Los Angeles. Los Angeles police tried to pull the driver over for a possible DUI, but the driver took off.
The California Highway Patrol took over after the pursuit took to the freeways. The driver traveled on the 605 south, 105 west, 110 north, 10 east, 5 south and 710. He was not driving erratically and maintained speeds of about 45 to 60 mph.
The driver exited the freeway at Florence Avenue in Bell. CHP officers performed a PIT maneuver on the off ramp and took the suspects into custody.
car chase, los angeles news
- Deputies gun down armed man during fight
- Loot-seeking vandals trash Palmdale church
- Calif. law takes effect on microstamping guns
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- 1 arrested, 2 outstanding after VC pursuit
- IE woman punches officer, tries to take Taser
- Deputies rescue stranded Swedish family
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- Tornadoes sweep across Kansas and Oklahoma
- abcnews: 1st lady jokes about president's failures
- Beckham in tears as he bids farewell to Paris
- 'Star Trek' tops box office with $70.6M debut
- Swift to perform at Billboard Music Awards
- OTRC: Jennifer Lawrence's accused stalker arrested