Los Angeles News
Pomona fatal shooting likely sparked by argument
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A heated argument ended in deadly gunfire, and the victim's body was left next to the sidewalk in a Pomona neighborhood.
According to police, several witnesses heard a group of men arguing just east of the shooting location. Shortly after that, the victim, a 22-year-old man, ran to the 700 block of North Garey Avenue. That's when police say multiple shots were fired at the victim. He was found dead on the front lawn of a boys' group home next to a flower shop on Garey Avenue.
The incident happened at about 8 p.m. Wednesday, a very busy time for the area. Police say there were many people who witnessed the shooting, and some even saw several suspects running away from the scene on foot.
Investigators have not yet established a motive and have no suspects in custody, but they are interviewing witnesses.
If you have any information regarding this case, you're urged to contact Pomona police at (909) 620-2095.
pomona, shooting, fight, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 44 min ago
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 2 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic 14 min ago
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Pomona man hurt in shooting; suspect sought
- 2 pedestrians struck, killed on Norwalk street
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft 17 min ago
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video