Los Angeles News
Pomona fatal shooting likely sparked by argument
POMONA, Calif. (KABC) -- A heated argument ended in deadly gunfire, and the victim's body was left next to the sidewalk in a Pomona neighborhood.
According to police, several witnesses heard a group of men arguing just east of the shooting location. Shortly after that, the victim, a 22-year-old man, ran to the 700 block of North Garey Avenue. That's when police say multiple shots were fired at the victim. He was found dead on the front lawn of a boys' group home next to a flower shop on Garey Avenue.
The incident happened at about 8 p.m. Wednesday, a very busy time for the area. Police say there were many people who witnessed the shooting, and some even saw several suspects running away from the scene on foot.
Investigators have not yet established a motive and have no suspects in custody, but they are interviewing witnesses.
If you have any information regarding this case, you're urged to contact Pomona police at (909) 620-2095.
pomona, shooting, fight, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought 18 min ago
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 17 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation 57 min ago
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis