Los Angeles News
Hollywood pot growing operation discovered in flooded apartment
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A broken sprinkler head led firefighters to a marijuana growing operation in a Hollywood apartment on the 5000 block of Harold Way.
Fire officials said the man living inside the apartment was pulling some wires wrapped around the sprinkler, causing it to break and the alarm to go off.
When firefighters arrived at 12:20 a.m. Thursday, they found a hydroponic grow operation in a back room. The broken sprinkler caused flooding inside the apartment building and the building's parking garage.
Police said the man in the apartment was arrested and booked for investigation of marijuana possession and cultivation with intent to distribute. His identity was not immediately released.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
marijuana growing, arrest, hollywood, los angeles news
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Compton chase victim remembered by loved ones
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail
- Man arrested for suspected arson in Oxnard
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'