Los Angeles News
Hollywood pot growing operation discovered in flooded apartment
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A broken sprinkler head led firefighters to a marijuana growing operation in a Hollywood apartment on the 5000 block of Harold Way.
Fire officials said the man living inside the apartment was pulling some wires wrapped around the sprinkler, causing it to break and the alarm to go off.
When firefighters arrived at 12:20 a.m. Thursday, they found a hydroponic grow operation in a back room. The broken sprinkler caused flooding inside the apartment building and the building's parking garage.
Police said the man in the apartment was arrested and booked for investigation of marijuana possession and cultivation with intent to distribute. His identity was not immediately released.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
marijuana growing, arrest, hollywood, los angeles news
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 49 min ago
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted 54 min ago
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler