Los Angeles News
Hollywood pot growing operation discovered in flooded apartment
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A broken sprinkler head led firefighters to a marijuana growing operation in a Hollywood apartment on the 5000 block of Harold Way.
Fire officials said the man living inside the apartment was pulling some wires wrapped around the sprinkler, causing it to break and the alarm to go off.
When firefighters arrived at 12:20 a.m. Thursday, they found a hydroponic grow operation in a back room. The broken sprinkler caused flooding inside the apartment building and the building's parking garage.
Police said the man in the apartment was arrested and booked for investigation of marijuana possession and cultivation with intent to distribute. His identity was not immediately released.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
marijuana growing, arrest, hollywood, los angeles news
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast 2 min ago
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 11 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 14 min ago
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet 6 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks