Los Angeles News
Paramount robbers use bright light to disorient victims
PARAMOUNT, Calif. (KABC) -- Two masked robbers stormed into a home in Paramount and used a bright light to disorient a woman and her two children. Detectives are hoping the public can help them track down the suspects.
The suspects entered the home on the 7300 block of Marcelle Street at about 2:30 a.m. Thursday. Police say the masked men kicked in the door, blinded the woman with a bright light and then covered her mouth so she couldn't scream.
"The victim was in fear for her safety, for her life. She gave up her jewelry box containing miscellaneous jewelry and her wedding rings to the suspect. The suspect then also took off with a 32-inch Sony TV," said Lt. Minh Binh of the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department.
The men were last seen driving away in a dark blue or black four-door vehicle. Detectives said there was a similar crime in Compton recently, but it involved four suspects.
The woman and her children, between the ages of 6 and 10, were not injured.
Anyone with information was asked to call the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Lakewood Station at (562) 220- 2002.
home invasion, robbery, los angeles news, darsha philips
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down 56 min ago
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings 45 min ago
- Ex-con allegedly attacked 2 relatives, friend
- Kaiser Permanente missing info on 49K patients
- 80 pot plants found growing in sign-making biz
- IE student arrested in school vandalism case
- Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- Paul Walker crash: 2nd theft suspect surrenders
- OTRC: Ellen DeGeneres reacts to tabloid cover