Los Angeles News
Teacher at George de La Torre Jr. Elementary School accused of sex abuse
WILMINGTON, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Another Los Angeles Unified School District teacher is being investigated for allegedly inappropriately touching at least one student.
LAUSD spokesman Tom Waldman said the accused teacher works at George de La Torre Junior Elementary School in Wilmington.
Waldman said the teacher, whose identity was not released, has been removed from the classroom, but has not been fired. The teacher has not been arrested.
District officials will meet with parents Monday morning, Waldman said.
sex crimes, lausd, los angeles news
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials 5 min ago
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets 30 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film