Los Angeles News
Homeowners get mortgage help at LA Convention Center
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Homeowners struggling to keep their homes can get help at the Los Angeles Convention Center Thursday through an event supported by the Obama administration.
Several major mortgage providers, financial advisors and non-profit housing counselors will be on hand to help homeowners in danger of losing their homes. The mortgage companies scheduled to attend include Wells Fargo, Bank of America, Citi Mortgage, American Home Mortgage Servicing, Aurora Loan Services, Chase, GMAC, HSBC, Ocwen, OneWest, PNC, Seteus and Select Portfolio Servicing.
Those struggling because of unemployment can also learn more about the Keep Your Home California program, funded by Treasury's Hardest Hit Fund, to help them make their mortgage payments while they look for work.
The foreclosure rate has dropped nationally, but in half of the largest metro areas, the foreclosure tide is slowly rising. That's due in part to the fact that some of the barriers that have been in place to hold back foreclosures have been removed.
Last month, L.A. County had 9,936 foreclosures, Riverside had 4,770, San Bernardino had 4,287, Orange County had 2,795 and Ventura County had 1,037.
Homeowners at the event will get advice on a first-come, first-serve basis. Make sure you have all your mortgage and income documents and any hardship letters. For free help putting your documents together, call 1 (888) 995-HOPE (4673).
Help for Homeowners Community Event
Thursday, March 22, 1 p.m. - 8 p.m.
Los Angeles Convention Center
1201 South Figueroa Street (Entrance on Pico Boulevard and Figueroa Street)
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Complimentary parking available in the South Hall garage
Garage entrance on Venice Boulevard or Pico Boulevard
housing market, los angeles news
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts 29 min ago
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale 41 min ago
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 14 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)