Los Angeles News
Roosevelt High School teacher pleads not guilty to sex charges
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A local high school Spanish teacher pleaded not guilty Thursday to charges that she had sex with students.
Gabriela Cortez, 42, faces six felony counts of unlawful sexual intercourse.
According to detectives, Cortez had a sexual relationship with two male students, who were 16 and 17 at the time, while she was a teacher at Roosevelt High School in Boyle Heights. They also said the encounters took place at her home in Montebello in 2009 and 2010. Cortez was placed on leave upon her arrest last month.
Cortez is free on bail. She's due back in court next month.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
lausd, arrest, sex crimes, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments