Los Angeles News
Vietnam Wall temporarily on display at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Whittier
WHITTIER, Calif. (KABC) -- A special tribute to Vietnam veterans has found a temporary home in Southern California.
Ceremonies were held at Rose Hills Memorial Park in Whittier Friday night to mark the arrival of the Dignity Memorial Vietnam Wall.
Several Vietnam veterans and active military personnel came to see the three-quarter scale traveling replica of the Vietnam Vets Memorial in Washington, D.C.
The names of the 58,000 Americans who died or are missing in Vietnam are inscribed on the wall.
The replica will be on display at Rose Hills through next Friday.
veterans, u.s. troops, los angeles news
- Storm moves out of SoCal; cold air remains
- OC crash kills 4; alcohol, speed suspected
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- Fire hits Loyola Marymount University dorm
- Large sinkhole closes Woodland Hills road
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Salvation Army bell-ringer breaks record in IE
- Mandela's family: 'We have lost a great man'
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks attack anniversary
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Stanford beats ASU 38-14 in Pac-12 title game
- Auction features items from Nancy Drew author
- Photos: Jennifer Lopez at March of Dimes event