Los Angeles News
Lancaster computer shop shooting suspect identified
LANCASTER, Calif. (KABC) -- Sheriff's officials released the name of the man they say shot and killed the owner of a computer shop in Lancaster.
The suspect was identified as 24-year-old Timothy Johnson, described as being 6 feet 2 inches tall, weighing about 170 pounds with a dark complexion and a closely shaved head.
Detectives say Johnson reportedly entered eChaps Computers and More at 2007 W. Avenue K on Friday, shot and killed store owner Reed Lewis Keith and left with stolen electronics in hand.
Johnson reportedly fled in a black, 1980s model four-door car driven by an accomplice. Investigators said Johnson was wearing a black hooded sweatshirt and a ski mask at the time of the robbery.
Hours after the shooting at about 8 p.m., a barricade situation was reported in the 43000 block of Grange Street. The standoff was believed to be related to the shooting, but the suspect was gone by the time SWAT entered the place early Saturday morning.
Officials said most of the stolen property from the computer store was recovered at a nearby residence.
If you have any information regarding this case, you're urged to contact the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department's Homicide Bureau at (323) 890-5500.
City News Service contributed to this report.
shooting, antelope valley, homicide investigation, robbery, los angeles county sheriff's department, los angeles news
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect
- Cold front moving across Southern California
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film