Los Angeles News
Pasadena robbery suspect shot, killed by police
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Pasadena police shot and killed a man suspected of robbing another man near a taco truck.
Officers received a report of an armed robbery at Summit Avenue and Orange Grove Boulevard at about 11 p.m. Saturday. The victim called police after the robbery, as he followed the suspects who ran in different directions to lose the victim.
Responding officers spotted one of the suspects running near Fair Oaks Avenue and Orange Grove Boulevard. The officers chased him north on Sunset Avenue. They saw him reaching for his waistband, which prompted them to shoot.
Paramedics rushed the suspect to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Police did not find a weapon.
Authorities arrested the second suspect, a 17-year-old boy, without incident. His identity was not immediately released.
The officers were not injured during the incident.
The district attorney's office is assisting with the investigation.
pasadena, officer-involved shooting, robbery, los angeles news
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 57 min ago
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 20 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis