Los Angeles News
Pasadena robbery suspect shot, killed by police
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Pasadena police shot and killed a man suspected of robbing another man near a taco truck.
Officers received a report of an armed robbery at Summit Avenue and Orange Grove Boulevard at about 11 p.m. Saturday. The victim called police after the robbery, as he followed the suspects who ran in different directions to lose the victim.
Responding officers spotted one of the suspects running near Fair Oaks Avenue and Orange Grove Boulevard. The officers chased him north on Sunset Avenue. They saw him reaching for his waistband, which prompted them to shoot.
Paramedics rushed the suspect to an area hospital, where he was pronounced dead. Police did not find a weapon.
Authorities arrested the second suspect, a 17-year-old boy, without incident. His identity was not immediately released.
The officers were not injured during the incident.
The district attorney's office is assisting with the investigation.
pasadena, officer-involved shooting, robbery, los angeles news
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse 18 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Kidnap suspect search shuts down DTLA streets
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Man barricaded in Whittier apartment building 50 min ago
- IE man found guilty of molesting 3 girls
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Mount Everest avalanche: 4-5 believed buried 13 min ago
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Nobel laureate, dies
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- OTRC: 'Mrs. Doubtfire 2' planned, child star reacts