Los Angeles News
Movie posters worth $450K stolen; SF Valley man arrested
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A San Fernando Valley man may end up in prison for stealing movie posters, including some for "The Hunger Games."
Christian Eric Stevens is charged with snagging more than 3,000 movie posters from bus stops to sell them online. Officials say the posters, worth an estimated $450,000, were stolen between June 3, 2011 and March 27, 2012.
He pleaded not guilty to grand theft on Thursday.
Police say they purchased a poster from the 36-year-old before discovering a trove of others in his home.
If convicted, Stevens could get five years in prison.
arrest, los angeles news
- Jameis Winston won't be charged in rape case 3 min ago
- Fast food workers protest, want $15 an hour
- US teacher killed in Benghazi: officials 53 min ago
- Cold snap moving across Southern California
- 2 deputies OK after crash on West 105 Freeway
- IE basketball coach accused of sexual misconduct
- The Game raises money for family of slain boy
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver
- Bratton picked as NYPD commissioner again
- Idaho school bus crash: 1 child killed, 4 hurt 51 min ago
- abcnews: Teen saved after swallowing magnets
- Manhattan Toy Quixel baby rattles recalled
- Banksy 'Flower Girl' could fetch up to $300K 34 min ago
- OTRC: 'The Amazing Spider-Man 2' official trailer