Los Angeles News
Compton auto-repair shop fire totals building
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- The cause of a fire at a Compton auto repair shop on the 1200 block of Alameda Street was not determined. The fire was reported just after 7 a.m. Saturday.
The commercial fire was so large that firefighters called to the scene had to summon more help to put out the fire.
The shop was closed at the time of the fire and there were no injuries.
Officials say it appears the building is a total loss.
fire, los angeles county fire department, los angeles news
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP 44 min ago
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement 38 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes 34 min ago
- LAPD officers to wear body cameras downtown
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- 3-yr-old recovering after 5-organ transplant
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present