Los Angeles News
Kendrec McDade shooting: 911 caller released, electronically monitored
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Prosecutors have tentatively rejected a request by police to file an involuntary manslaughter charge against Oscar Carrillo-Gonzalez in the Pasadena officer-involved shooting that left a young man dead.
Pasadena police blamed Carrillo's 911 call for the fatal shooting of 19-year-old Kendrec McDade. Officers thought McDade was armed after responding to Carillo's burglary call that indicated McDade was armed. Carillo's claim turned out to be false.
Carrillo was jailed on an immigration hold. The District Attorney's office said the case needs further investigation before charges can be filed. He was released Tuesday with an electronic monitor.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement released a statement Tuesday afternoon:
"Oscar Carrillo-Gonzalez was transferred to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) custody Tuesday morning (April 3) following his release from the Pasadena City Jail. After coming into ICE custody, ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) officers reconfirmed that Mr. Carrillo had been previously removed from the United States to Mexico in April 2006. Consistent with ICE's enforcement priorities, which include previously deported aliens, ERO reinstated Mr. Carrillo's former removal order. However, at the request of the Pasadena Police Department, ERO has agreed to postpone Mr. Carrillo's removal until the conclusion of the criminal justice proceedings related to the recent officer involved shooting. While that matter remains pending, Mr. Carrillo is being released from ICE custody on electronic monitoring."
pasadena, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA 16 min ago
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10