Los Angeles News
Kendrec McDade shooting: 911 caller released, electronically monitored
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Prosecutors have tentatively rejected a request by police to file an involuntary manslaughter charge against Oscar Carrillo-Gonzalez in the Pasadena officer-involved shooting that left a young man dead.
Pasadena police blamed Carrillo's 911 call for the fatal shooting of 19-year-old Kendrec McDade. Officers thought McDade was armed after responding to Carillo's burglary call that indicated McDade was armed. Carillo's claim turned out to be false.
Carrillo was jailed on an immigration hold. The District Attorney's office said the case needs further investigation before charges can be filed. He was released Tuesday with an electronic monitor.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement released a statement Tuesday afternoon:
"Oscar Carrillo-Gonzalez was transferred to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) custody Tuesday morning (April 3) following his release from the Pasadena City Jail. After coming into ICE custody, ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) officers reconfirmed that Mr. Carrillo had been previously removed from the United States to Mexico in April 2006. Consistent with ICE's enforcement priorities, which include previously deported aliens, ERO reinstated Mr. Carrillo's former removal order. However, at the request of the Pasadena Police Department, ERO has agreed to postpone Mr. Carrillo's removal until the conclusion of the criminal justice proceedings related to the recent officer involved shooting. While that matter remains pending, Mr. Carrillo is being released from ICE custody on electronic monitoring."
pasadena, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 9 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Torrance attempted burglary suspect sought 3 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term
- Ukraine accuses Russia of military buildup
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons