Los Angeles News
Kendrec McDade shooting: 911 caller released, electronically monitored
PASADENA, Calif. (KABC) -- Prosecutors have tentatively rejected a request by police to file an involuntary manslaughter charge against Oscar Carrillo-Gonzalez in the Pasadena officer-involved shooting that left a young man dead.
Pasadena police blamed Carrillo's 911 call for the fatal shooting of 19-year-old Kendrec McDade. Officers thought McDade was armed after responding to Carillo's burglary call that indicated McDade was armed. Carillo's claim turned out to be false.
Carrillo was jailed on an immigration hold. The District Attorney's office said the case needs further investigation before charges can be filed. He was released Tuesday with an electronic monitor.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement released a statement Tuesday afternoon:
"Oscar Carrillo-Gonzalez was transferred to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) custody Tuesday morning (April 3) following his release from the Pasadena City Jail. After coming into ICE custody, ICE Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) officers reconfirmed that Mr. Carrillo had been previously removed from the United States to Mexico in April 2006. Consistent with ICE's enforcement priorities, which include previously deported aliens, ERO reinstated Mr. Carrillo's former removal order. However, at the request of the Pasadena Police Department, ERO has agreed to postpone Mr. Carrillo's removal until the conclusion of the criminal justice proceedings related to the recent officer involved shooting. While that matter remains pending, Mr. Carrillo is being released from ICE custody on electronic monitoring."
pasadena, officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Telescope detects Earth-like planet
9 min ago