Los Angeles News
65-ft sailboat catches fire off Malibu coast
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- A 65-foot sailboat went up in flames overnight off the coast of Malibu, and the cause of the blaze is still unknown.
The Los Angeles Fire Department said one man was aboard the boat when it caught fire around 11:20 p.m. Tuesday.
A Coast Guard patrol boat as well as a fireboat from Marina del Rey were sent about a quarter-mile off Paradise Cove to put out the blaze.
As for the man on the boat, he managed to escape in a small dinghy.
malibu/pacific palisades, fire, los angeles news
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Car slams into Ventura house; driver arrested
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- Klinsmann to remain as US coach through 2018
- Sitting still for hours raises blood clot risk
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son
- Cool Kid visits seniors at retirement home
4 min ago