Los Angeles News
65-ft sailboat catches fire off Malibu coast
MALIBU, Calif. (KABC) -- A 65-foot sailboat went up in flames overnight off the coast of Malibu, and the cause of the blaze is still unknown.
The Los Angeles Fire Department said one man was aboard the boat when it caught fire around 11:20 p.m. Tuesday.
A Coast Guard patrol boat as well as a fireboat from Marina del Rey were sent about a quarter-mile off Paradise Cove to put out the blaze.
As for the man on the boat, he managed to escape in a small dinghy.
malibu/pacific palisades, fire, los angeles news
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: Stolen passports probed
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants