Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach public bathroom sex sting nets 18 arrests
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Eighteen men were arrested as part of a sex sting operation involving a public restroom in Manhattan Beach.
The lifeguard staff at the Marine Avenue headquarters originally noticed vandalism and what was called suspicious activity at the restroom and notified police. Lifeguards also noticed men frequently using and returning to the same bathroom, and some were loitering in the area as well as inside the restroom for long periods of time.
Officers set up surveillance at the restroom. Detectives also began monitoring several websites where discussions of the Marine Avenue bathroom were taking place. Based on the information gathered, investigators concluded that the public restroom was being used as a meeting place for sexual activity.
The 18 arrested individuals were booked for various charges including soliciting and engaging in lewd conduct in a public place, loitering around a public toilet for the purpose of engaging in lewd or unlawful acts, resisting arrest and indecent exposure.
After they were booked, all of the men were released pending a court date or further investigation.
Police plan to continue monitoring the bathroom.
sex crimes, arrest, los angeles news
- Machete-wielding man shot by Inglewood police
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Deaf Yorkie held for ransom is back home
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1 in OT of Game 3
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Kristen Wiig talks about missing 'SNL'