Los Angeles News
Manhattan Beach public bathroom sex sting nets 18 arrests
MANHATTAN BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- Eighteen men were arrested as part of a sex sting operation involving a public restroom in Manhattan Beach.
The lifeguard staff at the Marine Avenue headquarters originally noticed vandalism and what was called suspicious activity at the restroom and notified police. Lifeguards also noticed men frequently using and returning to the same bathroom, and some were loitering in the area as well as inside the restroom for long periods of time.
Officers set up surveillance at the restroom. Detectives also began monitoring several websites where discussions of the Marine Avenue bathroom were taking place. Based on the information gathered, investigators concluded that the public restroom was being used as a meeting place for sexual activity.
The 18 arrested individuals were booked for various charges including soliciting and engaging in lewd conduct in a public place, loitering around a public toilet for the purpose of engaging in lewd or unlawful acts, resisting arrest and indecent exposure.
After they were booked, all of the men were released pending a court date or further investigation.
Police plan to continue monitoring the bathroom.
sex crimes, arrest, los angeles news
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Searchers cannot find object from missing jet
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks