Los Angeles News
Body found in burning Pacoima home; 1 injured
PACOIMA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A body was found inside a burning home in Pacoima, while another person was able to escape with minor injuries.
The blaze broke out at about 8:45 a.m. Wednesday in a converted garage behind another home on the 12900 block of Sunburst Street.
Officials are investigating whether the home was up to code and whether there were any electrical issues, because firefighters say the home caught fire very quickly and was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived on scene.
After crews quickly knocked down the fire, they found the body of a woman inside the home. A man escaped the flames, and witnesses say he appeared to be in OK condition.
"I saw him actually coming out of the house with burns on his face," described area resident Jeff Diaz, who added that another neighbor told him he saw a female getting covered in a white sheet.
"We're pretty sure it was his girlfriend," Diaz added.
Some neighbors say there was frequent drug activity in the home.
Los Angeles Police Department officers, L.A. City Fire crews and arson investigators were all on scene.
body found, fire, lapd, los angeles city fire department, los angeles news, john gregory
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 4 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat 43 min ago
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
40 min ago