Los Angeles News
Body found in burning Pacoima home; 1 injured
PACOIMA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A body was found inside a burning home in Pacoima, while another person was able to escape with minor injuries.
The blaze broke out at about 8:45 a.m. Wednesday in a converted garage behind another home on the 12900 block of Sunburst Street.
Officials are investigating whether the home was up to code and whether there were any electrical issues, because firefighters say the home caught fire very quickly and was fully engulfed in flames when they arrived on scene.
After crews quickly knocked down the fire, they found the body of a woman inside the home. A man escaped the flames, and witnesses say he appeared to be in OK condition.
"I saw him actually coming out of the house with burns on his face," described area resident Jeff Diaz, who added that another neighbor told him he saw a female getting covered in a white sheet.
"We're pretty sure it was his girlfriend," Diaz added.
Some neighbors say there was frequent drug activity in the home.
Los Angeles Police Department officers, L.A. City Fire crews and arson investigators were all on scene.
body found, fire, lapd, los angeles city fire department, los angeles news, john gregory
- Wrong-way driver causes 8-car pileup on 14 Fwy
- South LA chase ends with crash, standoff
- Passenger rants about poison, CIA on plane
- West Hills murder suspect caught in motel room
- Motorcycle fleeing police crashes; 2 dead
- IE man dies after being crushed by cows
- OC sheriff's deputy critically injured in crash
- Dog goes missing from Norco grooming shop
- Jimmy Hoffa search: FBI looks at MI field
- abcnews: Victim's grandson welcomes release of killer
- G8 meeting: Divisions over Syrian civil war
- Jackson trial: Former record exec testifies
- Jay-Z's new album 'Magna Carta Holy Grail'
- OTRC: 'Girl Meets World' getting full series
- Collison brings his b-ball camp to Etiwanda...
27 min ago
- 'Monsters U' is very funny - Billy Crystal
7 min ago