Los Angeles News
Avalon has to fix problems at polluted beach, board says
AVALON, Calif. (KABC) -- There's a new plan to clean up one of Southern California's most polluted beaches.
The Los Angeles Regional Water Quality Control Board ordered the city of Avalon to fix several problems at Avalon Harbor Beach. Leaking and overflowing sewers are polluting the waters off Catalina Island.
The order requires the city to come up with a plan to fix the problem so that it meets state water quality standards. The sewage can cause health problems, making the water unsafe for swimmers.
beach, los angeles news
- Malaysian PM: Jet's disappearance deliberate 9 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash recycling center
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Brush fire burns near Gorman by Quail Lake
- Strip club owner runs for neighborhood council
- OC 'flasher' suspect captured in San Diego
- Pinkberry co-founder sentenced in 2011 beating
- Man who hoarded snakes in OC home charged
- CA couple allegedly left child in car to gamble
- Pistorius photographed in bloodied prosthetics
- abcnews: Baby girl with 2 heads born in India
- Crimea vote won't be recognized by US - Kerry
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)