Los Angeles News
Gas tanker truck catches fire on 134 Freeway
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A gasoline tanker truck caught fire on the westbound 134 Freeway at the 5 Freeway on Saturday night, sending tall flames and thick black plumes of smoke into the air.
The tanker was carrying about 9,000 gallons of fuel. Several firefighters rushed to the scene to prevent the fire from spreading to nearby brush.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known and as of 11:45 p.m. there was no word of injuries.
Note: An earlier version of this story stated the tanker was carrying 86,000 gallons of fuel. That figure was changed to about 9,000 gallons upon receiving updated information.
fire, los angeles news
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case 23 min ago
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Malaysia missing jet: 'Every angle' probed
- Car crashes into OC yard; 2 killed, 1 injured
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Suspect arrested for Dana Point shooting
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd
- 6.9-magnitude earthquake hits NorCal coast
- Pistorius vomits during graphic testimony
- abcnews: Dog helps Army vet overcome PTSD
- Effexor recalled due to possible contamination
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- OTRC: Stacy Keibler weds boyfriend Jared Pobre
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
10 min ago