Los Angeles News
Gas tanker truck catches fire on 134 Freeway
GLENDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- A gasoline tanker truck caught fire on the westbound 134 Freeway at the 5 Freeway on Saturday night, sending tall flames and thick black plumes of smoke into the air.
The tanker was carrying about 9,000 gallons of fuel. Several firefighters rushed to the scene to prevent the fire from spreading to nearby brush.
The cause of the fire was not immediately known and as of 11:45 p.m. there was no word of injuries.
Note: An earlier version of this story stated the tanker was carrying 86,000 gallons of fuel. That figure was changed to about 9,000 gallons upon receiving updated information.
fire, los angeles news
- Colo. shooter targeted teacher, says sheriff 4 min ago
- Car bomb plot thwarted at Kansas airport 54 min ago
- Body found near East Los Angeles College
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- OC homicide: Roommate sought for questioning
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo meningitis reported 35 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million
- SoCal boy's cancer fight inspires
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'