Orange County News
Easter cruising in Santa Ana under watchful eye of police
SANTA ANA, Calif. (KABC) -- The Easter night cruise in Santa Ana is an annual tradition that actually lands quite a few people in jail.
Cruiser activity has become common around Bristol Street, 17th Street, Main Street and Edinger Avenue, so police did some cruising of their own to survey the area and crack down on anyone breaking the law.
Police also shut down some lanes of traffic to control the crowds.
By 11 p.m., police had made a handful of arrests. Last year, the event ended up in several arrests, citations handed out and even some vehicles impounded.
Violations ranged from failing to stop at a red light to unlicensed drivers.
orange county news, amy powell
- Bell corruption trial: Jury reaches verdict 20 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 9 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death 53 min ago
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Pomona gang member arrested for murder
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Icy storm persists, disrupts travel in east US
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown 6 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies 11 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke