Los Angeles News
Sears in Montebello robbed by 2 masked gunmen
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for two masked gunmen who robbed a Sears department store at the Montebello Town Center mall on Monday night.
The suspects wore hooded sweatshirts and covered their faces with masks and bandanas when they robbed the store around 8:45 p.m.
Police say the men got away with up to an estimated $10,000; it was earlier believed the amount was $16,000. They also took cash from a female shopper who was accompanied by a child. Police said the men escaped in a dark-colored SUV or truck that was last seen going southbound on Montebello Boulevard.
Police believe the suspects are black and Hispanic males between 17 and 21 years old. The suspects also appeared to know what they were doing.
"It is possible they were in there for a very short period of time, it could have been planned, they could have done it before, so that is possible," said Montebello Police Lt. Mike Flores.
Police will review surveillance video to try to gather more information. They are also asking anyone with information on the suspects to call the Montebello Police Department at (323) 887-1262.
robbery, los angeles news, christina salvo
- 292 missing, 4 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- West Adams fire in converted garage injures 4
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway 2 min ago
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax 41 min ago
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court 35 min ago
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments