Los Angeles News
Sears in Montebello robbed by 2 masked gunmen
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- A search is under way for two masked gunmen who robbed a Sears department store at the Montebello Town Center mall on Monday night.
The suspects wore hooded sweatshirts and covered their faces with masks and bandanas when they robbed the store around 8:45 p.m.
Police say the men got away with up to an estimated $10,000; it was earlier believed the amount was $16,000. They also took cash from a female shopper who was accompanied by a child. Police said the men escaped in a dark-colored SUV or truck that was last seen going southbound on Montebello Boulevard.
Police believe the suspects are black and Hispanic males between 17 and 21 years old. The suspects also appeared to know what they were doing.
"It is possible they were in there for a very short period of time, it could have been planned, they could have done it before, so that is possible," said Montebello Police Lt. Mike Flores.
Police will review surveillance video to try to gather more information. They are also asking anyone with information on the suspects to call the Montebello Police Department at (323) 887-1262.
robbery, los angeles news, christina salvo
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 29 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours 40 min ago
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 2 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 36 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 32 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 33 min ago
- Injured LAPD officer released from hospital
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq 52 min ago
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks