Los Angeles News
LAFD firefighter arrested for MMA fights while on workers comp
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A Los Angeles city firefighter was arrested on Tuesday, accused of filing false workers' compensation claims while he competed as a mixed martial arts fighter.
Raphael Davis, 35, was arrested at his Lomita home and charged with four felony counts of insurance fraud.
Prosecutors say Davis filed phony workers' compensation claims between Dec. 2, 2008, and May 20, 2011, but during that time, he was fighting in mixed martial arts as "The Noodle."
Davis is being held on $35,000 bail. He faces up to five years behind bars if convicted.
City News Service contributed to this report.
fraud, los angeles news
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US 42 min ago
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 44 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange 59 min ago
- 405 accidents snarl Sepulveda Pass commute
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- 4.6-magnitude Mexico quake felt in SoCal
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Harry Potter play in the works by J.K. Rowling 31 min ago
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future 24 min ago