Los Angeles News
White House honors local veterans organization
WASHINGTON (KABC) -- A local organization that's dedicated to helping veterans is honored at the White House.
First Lady Michelle Obama and Dr. Jill Biden are celebrating the first anniversary of their campaign to support military families. Wednesday they recognized 20 veterans organizations, including New Directions of Los Angeles.
New Directions provides a wide variety of services to veterans in need, including shelter, counseling, job training and placement.
"Everything that they need so that they can acclimate themselves back into society as productive citizens. That's what we provide," said Matt Davison, New Directions career advisor.
So far this month, New Directions has found job placements for five veterans.
los angeles news
- Body found near East Los Angeles College 25 min ago
- Mega Millions jackpot rockets to $425 million
- Authorities investigate body found in Laguna Hills
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Canoga Park
- Man burned in fire at Long Beach VA Hospital
- 24 students arrested in school drug ring case
- 2nd woman in purported mercy killings ID'd
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- San Diego cross memorial removal ordered
- abcnews: Newtown priest speaks out on shooting
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- Bruno Mars named Billboard's 2013 top artist
- Beyonce releases surprise album on iTunes
- OTRC: Bradley Cooper talks 'American Hustle'
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
4 min ago