Los Angeles News
Boyle Heights attempted kidnapping suspect sought
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is under way for the suspect in an attempted kidnapping of a 13-year-old girl in Boyle Heights.
The alleged incident happened around 2 p.m. Tuesday on the 1900 block of East 4th Street as the girl walked home from school.
The girl said the man repeatedly asked her if she needed a ride home. When she told him to leave her alone, he tried to force her into his car. She fought him off and ran for help. The victim sustained bruises on her shoulder and legs.
The suspect was described as a White or Hispanic man, between 35 to 45 years old, standing 5 feet 9 inches tall. He had short hair and a tattoo of possibly a dragon or snake on his left forearm. He was driving a black four-door sedan with a peace symbol on the hood.
Anyone with information on the attempted kidnapping was asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
lapd, kidnap, los angeles news
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants