Los Angeles News
Boyle Heights attempted kidnapping suspect sought
BOYLE HEIGHTS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A search is under way for the suspect in an attempted kidnapping of a 13-year-old girl in Boyle Heights.
The alleged incident happened around 2 p.m. Tuesday on the 1900 block of East 4th Street as the girl walked home from school.
The girl said the man repeatedly asked her if she needed a ride home. When she told him to leave her alone, he tried to force her into his car. She fought him off and ran for help. The victim sustained bruises on her shoulder and legs.
The suspect was described as a White or Hispanic man, between 35 to 45 years old, standing 5 feet 9 inches tall. He had short hair and a tattoo of possibly a dragon or snake on his left forearm. He was driving a black four-door sedan with a peace symbol on the hood.
Anyone with information on the attempted kidnapping was asked to call Crime Stoppers at (800) 222-TIPS.
lapd, kidnap, los angeles news
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments