Los Angeles News
Montebello 60 Freeway tanker fire to see CHP charges
MONTEBELLO, Calif. (KABC) -- The California Highway Patrol has decided to pursue criminal charges against the company that owns the tanker truck that severely damaged an overpass on the 60 Freeway in Montebello.
This comes after the CHP determined the fire was caused by improper maintenance of the truck.
The tanker truck caught fire last December, torching the overpass above so badly it had to be demolished.
The overpass is being rebuilt at an estimated cost of $40 million. It's expected to reopen in June.
los angeles news
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 12 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash 47 min ago
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen 3 min ago
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 films to be preserved
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds