Los Angeles News
11-year-old boy recovering after pit bull attack
PALMDALE, Calif. (KABC) -- An 11-year-old Palmdale boy is recovering from non-life threatening injuries after his family's pit bull attacked him.
It happened Friday afternoon at a home on the 37600 block of Baro Circle.
Authorities say the dog turned on the boy, then bit him in the face and tore his lower lip in half.
The boy was taken to a hospital and treated for injuries. No word yet on what, if anything, will happen to the dog.
dog attack, los angeles news
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran 14 min ago
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Robo-seal pups help patients fight dementia 35 min ago
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides 29 min ago
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: 'Scandal' season 3 will have 18 episodes
- Man arrested in Paul Walker wreckage theft
25 min ago