Los Angeles News
Man's burning body found on Altadena sidewalk
ALTADENA, LOS ANGELES COUNTY (KABC) -- Homicide detectives are investigating the death of a man whose body was found burning on a sidewalk in Altadena early Sunday.
The body was found by a passerby in the 2600 block of Windsor Avenue around 6 a.m. The passerby told investigators he noticed something burning, went in for a closer look and realized it was a human body.
The victim, whose identity was not immediately known, was pronounced dead at the scene by paramedics.
Detectives shut down the road for several hours as they examined the victim's body and searched for evidence at the scene. Authorities said they're investigating a red car that was parked next to the man's body.
"We were stunned, nothing goes on like this around here," said Virginia Heredia, who lives in the neighborhood. "To see a burnt body out there was terrible."
Anyone with information on the case is asked to call Los Angeles County sheriff's homicide detectives at (323) 890-5500.
homicide investigation, body found, los angeles news, amy powell
- Motorcycle officer struck by hit-run driver 36 min ago
- LAPD seeing fewer qualified applicants 12 min ago
- LA council OKs restrictions on e-cig sellers
- Cold front moves across Southern California 39 min ago
- LAX shooting suspect appears in IE court
- UCLA police seek sexual battery suspect 57 min ago
- Ventura growers protect crops from freezing
- Sebastian Ridley-Thomas wins special election
- Stolen truck with radioactive load found
- abcnews: Mysterious stillbirths baffle doctors
- 'Top Gun' woman tapped for Pentagon no. 2 job
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Keri Russell's Brooklyn home burglarized
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film
- Gabor husband, daughter fight over spending
19 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
41 min ago