Los Angeles News
Man rappels down high-rise, breaks into 19th-floor condo in Marina del Rey
MARINA DEL REY, Calif. (KABC) -- A man rappelled down the side of a high-rise building in Marina del Rey and broke into a woman's condo on the19th floor, according to police.
The break-in occurred early Saturday morning at the Regatta complex at Maxella Avenue and Lincoln Boulevard.
The man apparently began yelling for the woman to let him in and forced his way inside the unit using a crowbar.
The woman didn't recognize the man, so she left her condo to call police. By the time police arrived, the burglar was gone. Police said the suspect did not take anything from the home.
Detectives were reviewing surveillance video, hoping it will help them identify the man.
burglary, los angeles news
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut
- Blind man, dog safe after subway track fall
36 min ago