Los Angeles News
Deadly Van Nuys crash slows traffic on I-405
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The driver of a pickup truck Tuesday night lost control on the southbound 405 Freeway in Van Nuys and crashed into an overpass beam at the Burbank Boulevard overpass.
The driver was killed on impact and it took Los Angeles city firefighters some time to remove the body from the mangled truck.
All southbound lanes of the 405 were closed and northbound traffic slowed to a crawl. Lanes were expected to reopen after midnight.
The accident was under investigation.
traffic delay, car crash, los angeles news
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut