Los Angeles News
Deadly Van Nuys crash slows traffic on I-405
VAN NUYS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The driver of a pickup truck Tuesday night lost control on the southbound 405 Freeway in Van Nuys and crashed into an overpass beam at the Burbank Boulevard overpass.
The driver was killed on impact and it took Los Angeles city firefighters some time to remove the body from the mangled truck.
All southbound lanes of the 405 were closed and northbound traffic slowed to a crawl. Lanes were expected to reopen after midnight.
The accident was under investigation.
traffic delay, car crash, los angeles news
- Greuel, Garcetti rally for undecided voters
- Body found near area where hiker went missing 28 min ago
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Police impersonator halts bus in Redlands
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video