Los Angeles News
Santa Clarita woman found after going missing during hike
CASTAIC, Calif. (KABC) -- A Santa Clarita woman who went missing following a hike with friends at Sloan Canyon in Castaic has been found safe.
Ivy DeGeorge, 32, was reported missing at around 9:30 p.m. Tuesday. Her friends told sheriff deputies that she is not an experienced hiker and is unfamiliar with the canyon.
Sheriff's officials said DeGeorge intentionally separated herself from her hiking companions and became lost. Investigators searched for DeGeorge throughout the night. She was found in good condition with no injuries at about 6:45 a.m. Wednesday at a friend's house.
Authorities say that when DeGeorge learned she was reported missing, she contacted the sheriff's department and met with deputies.
missing person, los angeles news
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Obama: 2014 can be breakthrough year for US
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned 33 min ago
- Man found dead after house fire in Orange
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend 3 min ago
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Judge strikes down Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- abcnews: Service dog sniffs out girl's disease
- London theater collapse: Aging venues safe?
- Casey Kasem conservatorship deal reached
- 9-yr-old FL girl is youngest to bowl 300 game
- OTRC: Phil Robertson's fam talk 'Duck Dynasty' future