Los Angeles News
Car crashes into Reseda building; 6 injured
RESEDA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An elderly woman trying to avoid an accident in Reseda ended up crashing into a building, injuring six people.
The accident happened at a building that houses a medical and dental offices at 6800 N. White Oak Ave. A 82-year-old driver of an older-model Buick was traveling northbound on White Oak Avenue when another car made a left turn onto the roadway. In an attempt to avoid colliding with the vehicle, the woman veered into the parking lot and into the structure at about 9:30 a.m., said LAPD Capt. John Egan.
The vehicle hit a pedestrian and pinned two employees who were working inside the Dr. Rabi dental clinic. All three victims were rushed to a local hospital, where they remain in critical but stable condition. One of the employees suffered two broken legs. Three other people were treated at the scene and released.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation. Authorities say it's too early to tell whether the driver's age was a contributing factor.
accident, car crash, san fernando valley, los angeles news, jovana lara
- Secret Service probe Target security breach 33 min ago
- IE man who died in custody was high on PCP
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 3 min ago
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- $5.8M settlement reached in Calif. race crash
- 1 of 4 missing women found; mystery remains
- 96 animals rescued from 2 Los Angeles homes
- Harvard student admits to hoax to avoid final
- abcnews: DA pushes to jail 'affluenza' teen
- White House panel urges limit on NSA snooping
- Paul Walker crash: No mechanical issues
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Justin Bieber retiring? Manager responds