Los Angeles News
Car crashes into Reseda building; 6 injured
RESEDA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An elderly woman trying to avoid an accident in Reseda ended up crashing into a building, injuring six people.
The accident happened at a building that houses a medical and dental offices at 6800 N. White Oak Ave. A 82-year-old driver of an older-model Buick was traveling northbound on White Oak Avenue when another car made a left turn onto the roadway. In an attempt to avoid colliding with the vehicle, the woman veered into the parking lot and into the structure at about 9:30 a.m., said LAPD Capt. John Egan.
The vehicle hit a pedestrian and pinned two employees who were working inside the Dr. Rabi dental clinic. All three victims were rushed to a local hospital, where they remain in critical but stable condition. One of the employees suffered two broken legs. Three other people were treated at the scene and released.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation. Authorities say it's too early to tell whether the driver's age was a contributing factor.
accident, car crash, san fernando valley, los angeles news, jovana lara
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2