Los Angeles News
Car crashes into Reseda building; 6 injured
RESEDA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An elderly woman trying to avoid an accident in Reseda ended up crashing into a building, injuring six people.
The accident happened at a building that houses a medical and dental offices at 6800 N. White Oak Ave. A 82-year-old driver of an older-model Buick was traveling northbound on White Oak Avenue when another car made a left turn onto the roadway. In an attempt to avoid colliding with the vehicle, the woman veered into the parking lot and into the structure at about 9:30 a.m., said LAPD Capt. John Egan.
The vehicle hit a pedestrian and pinned two employees who were working inside the Dr. Rabi dental clinic. All three victims were rushed to a local hospital, where they remain in critical but stable condition. One of the employees suffered two broken legs. Three other people were treated at the scene and released.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation. Authorities say it's too early to tell whether the driver's age was a contributing factor.
accident, car crash, san fernando valley, los angeles news, jovana lara
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy 37 min ago
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10