Los Angeles News
Car crashes into Reseda building; 6 injured
RESEDA, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- An elderly woman trying to avoid an accident in Reseda ended up crashing into a building, injuring six people.
The accident happened at a building that houses a medical and dental offices at 6800 N. White Oak Ave. A 82-year-old driver of an older-model Buick was traveling northbound on White Oak Avenue when another car made a left turn onto the roadway. In an attempt to avoid colliding with the vehicle, the woman veered into the parking lot and into the structure at about 9:30 a.m., said LAPD Capt. John Egan.
The vehicle hit a pedestrian and pinned two employees who were working inside the Dr. Rabi dental clinic. All three victims were rushed to a local hospital, where they remain in critical but stable condition. One of the employees suffered two broken legs. Three other people were treated at the scene and released.
The cause of the accident remains under investigation. Authorities say it's too early to tell whether the driver's age was a contributing factor.
accident, car crash, san fernando valley, los angeles news, jovana lara
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Child molestation charges for teacher dropped 12 min ago
- Suspicious package found at post office near USC 44 min ago
- Female pedestrian struck, killed in Riverside
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 33 min ago
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler