Los Angeles News
Long Beach cop arrested for possession of child pornography
LONG BEACH, Calif. (KABC) -- A Long Beach police officer was arrested Thursday on suspicion of possession of child pornography.
The department said Officer Noe Yanez met the victim while on the job and then asked the child for inappropriate pictures.
The child reported the incident to a school resource officer, and then the Long Beach Police Department launched its investigation.
"Not only are the actions of this officer a violation of the law, they are a violation of the community's trust, and a violation of the principles of this Department," said Chief Jim McDonnell. "The men and women of this Department take great pride in the good work they do everyday with the community, and we will not allow the actions of this one officer to compromise that relationship."
Yanez, a nine-year employee at the department, was suspended without pay pending the outcome of the investigation.
Anyone with information regarding this case was urged to contact the Long Beach Police Department Sex Crimes Detail Tip Line at (562) 570-7878.
sex crimes, sexual assault, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornado: Recovery effort under way 26 min ago
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 54 min ago
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts w/ 2 girls
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing 26 min ago
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- abcnews: Apple CEO defends offshore tax policy
- Experts warn about testosterone supplements
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10
- Pet of the week: 2-month-old Chihuahua-mix
14 min ago