Los Angeles News
Mail thefts in Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys may be targeting tax papers
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A string of mail thefts in Sherman Oaks and Van Nuys has residents on alert.
In the last four weeks, there have been several cases reported. The thieves may be targeting people's tax documents.
Police said some residents discovered the thefts when they tried to file their returns but were told someone else had already done it.
Identity thefts have been confirmed at several addresses off Valley Vista Boulevard in Sherman Oaks.
Investigators advised people to watch out for anyone hanging around mailboxes. They also said it's a good idea to get to know your mail carrier.
identity theft, fraud, los angeles news
- Fire truck crashes into building, injuring 6 10 min ago
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later 21 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break