Los Angeles News
Mail thefts in Sherman Oaks, Van Nuys may be targeting tax papers
SHERMAN OAKS, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- A string of mail thefts in Sherman Oaks and Van Nuys has residents on alert.
In the last four weeks, there have been several cases reported. The thieves may be targeting people's tax documents.
Police said some residents discovered the thefts when they tried to file their returns but were told someone else had already done it.
Identity thefts have been confirmed at several addresses off Valley Vista Boulevard in Sherman Oaks.
Investigators advised people to watch out for anyone hanging around mailboxes. They also said it's a good idea to get to know your mail carrier.
identity theft, fraud, los angeles news
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings 1 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 46 min ago
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage 16 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)