Los Angeles News
Compton/Woodley Airport plane almost stolen by student pilot
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A student pilot was arrested after he tried to steal an airplane from Compton/Woodley Airport.
Sheriff's officials said 25-year-old Troy Long of Bellflower attempted to steal the two-seat Cessna 152 on Friday. Authorities say Long entered the airport office and began taking keys for airplanes. He then pulled a gun on airport workers when they tried to stop him.
He got into the Cessna and started the engine, but he was stopped from going anywhere by a chain connecting the plane to the tarmac.
Deputies arrested Long and turned him over to the FBI, who booked him on suspicion of aircraft piracy.
airplane, airport news, airport security, arrest, los angeles news
- Oklahoma tornado: 20 children among 51 killed
- Undersheriff Tanaka speaks out against Baca
- Garcetti, Greuel make final stops across LA 23 min ago
- 'DWTS': Zendaya holds lead in final four
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Does your child have oral allergy syndrome?
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: 'Dancing With The Stars' recap - week 10