Los Angeles News
Compton/Woodley Airport plane almost stolen by student pilot
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A student pilot was arrested after he tried to steal an airplane from Compton/Woodley Airport.
Sheriff's officials said 25-year-old Troy Long of Bellflower attempted to steal the two-seat Cessna 152 on Friday. Authorities say Long entered the airport office and began taking keys for airplanes. He then pulled a gun on airport workers when they tried to stop him.
He got into the Cessna and started the engine, but he was stopped from going anywhere by a chain connecting the plane to the tarmac.
Deputies arrested Long and turned him over to the FBI, who booked him on suspicion of aircraft piracy.
airplane, airport news, airport security, arrest, los angeles news
- I-5 through Grapevine reopens w/ CHP escorts 1 min ago
- Quick, cold front brings rain, chance of snow
- US vet Merrill Newman back in CA from NKorea
- 4 killed in OC crash; alcohol, speed involved
- Hawthorne stabbing: 1 killed, probe underway
- 87-year-old rescued from OC mobile home fire
- Manhattan Beach offers free parking downtown
- Oxnard home, vehicle hit by multiple gunshots 43 min ago
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- abcnews: Alleged cannibal ran hotel w/ grill area
- Mystery donor gives $50K to MO Salvation Army
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Brian the dog returning to 'Family Guy'?