Los Angeles News
Compton/Woodley Airport plane almost stolen by student pilot
COMPTON, Calif. (KABC) -- A student pilot was arrested after he tried to steal an airplane from Compton/Woodley Airport.
Sheriff's officials said 25-year-old Troy Long of Bellflower attempted to steal the two-seat Cessna 152 on Friday. Authorities say Long entered the airport office and began taking keys for airplanes. He then pulled a gun on airport workers when they tried to stop him.
He got into the Cessna and started the engine, but he was stopped from going anywhere by a chain connecting the plane to the tarmac.
Deputies arrested Long and turned him over to the FBI, who booked him on suspicion of aircraft piracy.
airplane, airport news, airport security, arrest, los angeles news
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- Funeral held for LAPD Officer Chris Cortijo
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- 'Mother Ditch' uncovered near downtown LA
- SD police guns stolen during LA charity game
- abcnews: Man accused of killing teens who entered home
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Epilepsy treatment uses laser to stop seizures
- Zadan, Meron to produce Oscars for 3rd year
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2