Los Angeles News
Bell Gardens man shot by officers after reportedly threatening them with car
BELL GARDENS, Calif. (KABC) -- Bell Gardens police shot a man they believed was about to use his car as a weapon.
Officers responded to a family disturbance call in the 6800 block of Marlow Avenue at about 6:40 p.m. Friday.
Police said they found Johnny Estrada inside a car, revving the engine and spinning the tires while family members stood nearby.
Officers said they shot Estrada after he ignored their commands to get out of the car. Estrada was transported to an area hospital, where he was listed in stable condition.
No officers were injured in the incident.
City News Service contributed to this report.
officer-involved shooting, los angeles news
- Race for LA mayor too close to call 45 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned 33 min ago
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10