Los Angeles News
Pit bull kills small dog, injures woman in El Sereno
EL SERENO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The mother of a deaf woman who was bitten in the arm and in the buttocks by a loose pit bull says the attack could have been prevented. The pit bull also killed their small dog.
It happened Saturday morning about a block from their El Sereno home. The deaf woman, June, was out for a walk with their dog Muffy. A neighbor's surveillance camera captured the incident. June's screams can be heard during the attack.
The owner of the pit bull came out and pulled the dog away.
A neighbor says this isn't the first time the dogs have attacked.
"They've attacked the mail man, they've attacked my dog, they've attacked other people that are walking their dogs, as well as people that were just walking," said Rene Uribe, a neighbor.
Violet McMahon says the death of Muffy, which they owned for seven years, is especially difficult for June.
"She was just everything for us," McMahon said.
The owner of the pit bull says she accidentally left a latch open on her gate while cleaning her backyard.
Violet says Muffy provided excellent security and she thinks they'll want another dog soon, but right now she's overwhelmed by the loss.
"She just belonged to the family and I can hear her barking," McMahon said with tears in her eyes.
The owner of the pit bull said she takes full responsibility and has offered to buy them another dog.
dog attack, los angeles news, amy powell
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 25 min ago
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought 58 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 57 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis