Los Angeles News
American Airlines plane with engine problems lands at LAX
LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (KABC) -- An American Airlines plane with reported engine trouble landed safely at LAX on Monday morning.
Flight 246 travelling from Kona, Hawaii, was carrying 147 people on board, including crew members. No injuries were reported.
An airline spokesman said the plane's left engine started having trouble about an hour before it was scheduled to land and the engine was shut down. FAA inspectors will work with the airline to repair the problem before the plane flies again.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
airplane, airport news, los angeles international airport, los angeles news
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured 46 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found 26 min ago
- 2 persons of interest sought in LB attack
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Obama to preserve California federal lands
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
56 min ago