Los Angeles News
American Airlines plane with engine problems lands at LAX
LOS ANGELES INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (KABC) -- An American Airlines plane with reported engine trouble landed safely at LAX on Monday morning.
Flight 246 travelling from Kona, Hawaii, was carrying 147 people on board, including crew members. No injuries were reported.
An airline spokesman said the plane's left engine started having trouble about an hour before it was scheduled to land and the engine was shut down. FAA inspectors will work with the airline to repair the problem before the plane flies again.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
airplane, airport news, los angeles international airport, los angeles news
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested 41 min ago
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Woman helps friend who is a single mom 2 min ago
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified
- Judge orders hospital to keep girl on support
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Jewelry shopping tips: How to avoid rip-offs
- Ned Vizzini, popular author, dies at age 32
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)